I’m going to be seeing Spose (a rapper from Maine) this weekend here in Portland, OR, but he just posted some terrible news on Facebook. While Spose & Co. were inside Pappy’s Smokehouse in St. Louis, MO, their tour van was robbed of all of its contents. Which, for these struggling artists, is everything (with the exception of their lives & loved ones, which you always have to be grateful for).
Spose is going to keep his head up and keep going with the tour, but is (understandably) disgusted with the situation.
Here’s what he posted on Facebook a couple hours ago:
So, our tour van was just robbed around 12:30 pm today in St. Louis in broad daylight outside of Pappy’s Smokehouse. We lost everything. Multiple laptops, all our musical equipment, my canon 5d mark ii camera and lenses, everything I use to record my music, my mic, my apogee duet, my ipad, clothes, phones, my friend GodDamnChan lost every beat he’s ever made, all my external hard drives containing all the music I had made for my next album(s). We filed a police report and changed passwords and called State Farm but nothing can replace what we lost. We were in the restaurant for 30 minutes. And they essentially took my job, all the work I had done for the past two years building up to 2015. Gone. There’s no amount of likes or comments that’ll bring anything back, I just wanted to let the people who robbed us know FUCK YOU and let our fans know I’ll be performing the next few shows with limited resources on this tour (and I will be a little late to the show tonight). So please know I normally would have a more organized set than whatever I’ll have to scrounge together here on my way to Kansas. I’m done with St Louis, if you wanna see me perform in the future come to Chicago or something cuz St Louis is dead to me. Just took all the work I had to done to support and feed my family in 2015 away from me.
If you know me, however, you know I’m not all doom and gloom and pessimistic. So, I would be remiss to not point out that my family is safe, nobody got hurt, I am healthy, I’ve lived a good, relatively painful, peaceful life and the sun is still shining. BUT SERIOUSLY FUCK WHOEVER STOLE MY SHIT!!!
Lawrence, Kansas tonight at the Grenada with MC Chris and MC Lars.
– Ryan / Spose
A pretty messed up situation all ways around.
I don’t know how much it would help to open up any sort of crowd-funding page for this but there are a lot of ways that Spose fans (and anybody else!) can help make this not such a loss. Though, honestly, the electronics and things can be bought again, but they can’t replace things like lyrics and music, for upcoming albums. I suppose there’s something to be said for having a backup service in place (and Spose I hope you look into syncing with some kind of secure cloud storage when you get into towns and find WiFi, or something), but it’s still frustrating that it should be necessary to begin with.
Here’s How to Help!
I’m sure there will be donation pages, and if I find any that look legitimate, I’ll add them here. For now, here are some things you can do outside of just donating cash.
- Buy Tickets to the Remaining Tour Dates:
- Wed. October 29, 2014 @ 1652 W. Lincoln Avenue – Anaheim, CA – Doors @7:30, Show @8:00
- Thu. October 30, 2014 @ 2501 Kettner Blvd – San Diego, CA – Doors @8:30
- Tue. November 4, 2014 @ 1120 Naylor St – Houston, TX
- Wed. November 5, 2014 @ 3137 “C” Alta Mere Dr – Fort Worth, TX – @7:00
- Thu. November 20, 2014 @ 1621 W. Broad St – Richmond, VA – Doors @7:00, Show @8:00
- Buy Spose Merchandise!
- If you go to any upcoming shows, buy some merch from them! Not sure if they have much to sell for the rest of the tour, but buy it if they do!
- Buy Spose Shirts/Hats/Hoodies via DistrictLines
- Shop Spose Mart! Visit the link to grab up some Spose albums!
- Get Spose Music on Amazon
- Get Spose Music on Google Play
- Get Spose Music on iTunes
- Donate via the Spose Army Strong fundraiser
- Offer up any legitimate skills/services/good you’re willing to donate!
- Merch Production
- Electronics / Music Gear
- Gas Money
- Secure/Private/Dedicated Cloud-server Hosting
If you have any suggestions for this list, please feel free to post in the comments.
This kind of behavior out of civilization can definitely make somebody really not care about the public anymore. Make sure Spose knows it’s just the rare pieces of shit that do this and not people in general.